Friday, March 30, 2007

Super Special Awsome

Oh I am back. Getting better again, have been sick for the biggest part of last week...='(. My ear is pretty annoying, finally got some antibiotics for it and it is over for the most part now. Fever finally dropped, something was up with my wing in rez because many people around me are sick, including my roomate and he was sick first so i blame him!!

But i don't want to talk about being sick!!! Let's see, always hard to come on a topic for a random blog... How about.... Sports!!! The ''national'' sport in the Netherlands is soccer. I never really played soccer, except with friends, just for fun nothing about being in a team or something. This is my history with sports: It started out with, well, nothing I could ride a bike without side wheels when i was 4 but i already was practicing swimming. I started with Judo with some friends when i was 8, it was fun but but i got bored of it after a couple of years. I also started with Rugby when i was 8, Judo and Rugby seemed to be quite the combination, it both went pretty well. I dropped out of Judo when i was 10, I kept playing Rugby until I was 13. I got bored of it and the team wasn't all that fun anymore, there was no team spirit anymore everyone felt like a lown ranger and just ran with the ball. So I stopped with rugby soooo what then?? I took a bit of my dad's advice and started playing Badminton. Turned out that i was pretty good at it, and i really enjoyed it =). I started playing tournaments after 2 years and i got pretty high up in some of them. I played badminton till a few months before i went to canada, i had to forcefully quit because my shoulder kept popping out...Pretty annoying, pisses me off that i had to quit =(, but i am thinking about picking up ping pong!! I think im kinda okay at it, used to play it a lot during my vacations in France (every camping place has a couple of table tennis tables).

I will see how it will work out, and thats my blog for today, cya all later!!

4 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I was starting to get worried about you! I'm glad you got some medicine for your ear, but you missed the free pizza . . .

Super Saiyan said...

I don't know any Dutch soccer player. I hope you can tell me more about soccer player. And I really want to see you playing it :P

Edward said...

Girard,

You should show Muhammad some pictures of the best soccer team in the world...je je je je. It is a shame you did not come last semester. We had a team at ESL and we won the university cup. You should have played with us.

ETL

Unknown said...

So changes. However, you gotta a lot of experiences. Please put some pics of the Duttch Soccer team.
Don't forget to make group with LEAP 4 students.